Curbside Collection – Home or Business
Residential curbside collection and commercial garbage pickup is available throughout Jefferson County. Call for rates and schedules or to sign up for service:
- Within Port Townsend City limits: DM Disposal, 360-385-6612 or
City of Port Townsend Utility Billing, 360-385-2700.
- Unincorporated Jefferson County – East: Olympic Disposal, 360-452-7278 or
- Unincorporated Jefferson County – West: West Waste & Recycling, 360-374-5020.
Self-Haul Disposal Jefferson County
Please be aware that you must be able to unload your garbage, recycling, or yard waste by yourself. At the Transfer Station, you must be able to back up your vehicle/trailer to the tipping floor to unload your garbage.
Transfer Station – Garbage, Recycling, Yard Waste
- 325 County Landfill Rd, Port Townsend, WA 98368 Map
- Monday – Saturday, 9 am – 4:30 pm, (closed holidays – see list below)
- Disposal fees by weight. Minimum charge: $10 for garbage, $5 for yard waste.
- Cash, check, or credit/debit card (Visa & Mastercard only) accepted.
- No-fee Recycling.
- Questions? call 360-385-9160.
Quilcene Solid Waste Drop Box – Household Garbage and Recycling. NO yard waste or construction materials (lumber, roofing, etc.)
- 295312 Highway 101, Quilcene, WA 98376 Map
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, 9 am – 12 pm & 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm (closed holidays – see list below)
- Disposal fees charged by container, loose volume, or special rate for bulky items.
- Only cash or check accepted. NO CREDIT/DEBIT cards.
- No-fee Recycling.
- Questions? call 360-385-9160. Quilcene Dropbox Office: 360-765-3051
West Waste & Recycling Transfer Station: 272 La Push Road, Forks. 360-374-5020 or 360-374-9544 for business hours and fees
2021 County Holidays
New Year’s Day – January 1
Martin Luther King Jr. Day – 3rd Monday in January
President’s Day – 3rd Monday in February
Memorial Day – May 31
Independence Day – Monday, July 5
Labor Day – September 6
Veteran’s Day – November 11
Thanksgiving Day – November 25
Christmas Eve – December 24 closes at 2 p.m.
Christmas Day – December 25