Recycle rechargeable, button and lithium batteries at the following locations. No charge to recycle:
- Public Works Office, 623 Sheridan Street, Port Townsend, M-F, 8am – 5pm
- Environmental Health, 617 Sheridan Street, Port Townsend, M-Th, 9am – 4:30pm
Recycle automotive and ‘wet cell’ lead-acid batteries at:
- Peninsula Recycling – 4711 S Discovery Rd., Port Townsend
- Transfer Station – Disposal fees apply. 325 County Landfill Rd, Port Townsend, Mon. – Sat., 9am – 4:30pm.
- Quilcene Drop Box – Disposal fees apply. 295312 Highway 101, Quilcene, Tues./Thurs./Sat., 9am – 4:30pm (closed Noon – 12:30 pm.)
Alkaline batteries are not recyclable.
- Place fully discharged alkaline batteries in the trash.
- If not fully discharged, cover terminal ends with tape or wrap each battery in plastic and then place in trash.