Rechargeable, button and lithium batteries are accepted for recycling at the following locations at no charge.
- Public Works Office
623 Sheridan St., Port Townsend, Mon. – Fri., 8 am – 5 pm.
- Transfer Station (Environmental Center in Recycling area)
325 County Landfill Rd.,
Tues. – Sat., 9 am – 4:30 pm.
- Quilcene Drop Box,
295312 HWY 101, Quilcene, Tues./Thurs./Sat., 9 am – 4:30 pm (closed Noon – 12:30 pm.)
Recycle automotive and ‘wet cell’ lead-acid batteries at:
- Peninsula Recycling – 4711 S Discovery Rd., Port Townsend
- Transfer Station – Disposal fees apply. 325 County Landfill Rd, Port Townsend, Mon. – Sat., 9am – 4:30pm.
- Quilcene Drop Box – Disposal fees apply. 295312 Highway 101, Quilcene, Tues./Thurs./Sat., 9am – 4:30pm (closed Noon – 12:30 pm.)
Alkaline batteries are not recyclable.
- Place fully discharged alkaline batteries in the trash.
- If not fully discharged, cover terminal ends with tape or wrap each battery in plastic and then place in trash.