MRW will be closed Friday, April 23, 2021
The MRW will resume its regular operating schedule on Friday, April 30, 2021. It will also be open May 1, 2021 because it is the first Saturday of the month. Call 360-385-9160 if you have any questions.
Port Townsend Transfer Station and Quilcene Drop Box are open on their normal schedules. Please note the following:
- We are not accepting loads from outside of Jefferson County.
- Expect longer wait times at the Transfer Station
- Reduce wait times by postponing your trip until you have a larger load.
- Consider signing up for garbage collection with Waste Connections 360-385-6612 https://www.murreysdisposal.com/jefferson-county
- Masks are required for the safety of customers and staff.
- Stay at least 6 ft. away from others as you unload garbage, recycling, or yard waste.
- Be patient and stay in your vehicle while waiting at our scales.
- At the Transfer Station pay with credit card (Visa/Mastercard) rather than cash, if possible. Quilcene Dropbox only accepts cash or check.
- Stay home if you or members of your household are sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. For COVID-19 information visit Public Health’s COVID_19 page.
Household Hazardous Waste Facility is open on its normal schedule: Fridays & 1st Saturday each month, 10 AM – Noon and 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM. Masks are required as is social distancing. For large loads schedule an appointment by calling 360-379-6911 (Mon. – Thurs.) or 360-385-9160.
Paint Recycling – The Department of Ecology has contracted with the organization PaintCare to establish collection points for unused oil-based and latex paints where those products are sold. The program was launched on April 1st with a single collection point at Peninsula Paint Center located at 315 Decatur St., Port Townsend.
The PaintCare program is independent of Jefferson County’s Moderate Risk Waste Program which will continue to collect oil-based paints only at the Moderate Risk Waste Facility located in the Port of Port Townsend Boat Haven.
For questions about the PaintCare program or to find a retail collection point please visit: https://www.paintcare.org/states/washington/ or phone (360) 450-1639.
2020 Recycle Flyer – Find out what can and can’t be recycled in Jefferson County. Check out the back of the flyer for drop-off locations and hours of operation, as well as information about why some things can’t be recycled.
Recycling videos – Get answers to common recycling questions and learn about contaminants.
- Blue is Recycling, Red is Garbage (by Commissioner Greg Brotherton and Tracy & David Grisman)
- Do you know what to recycle? (by Commissioner Greg Brotherton and Laura Tucker, Jefferson County Environmental Educator)