Solid Waste Facilities – COVID–19 updates
The Port Townsend Transfer Station and Quilcene Dropbox are open on their normal schedules. We ask that you please note the following:
- We are not accepting loads from outside of Jefferson County.
- Expect longer wait times as we distance people further apart on the tipping floor.
- Reduce trips and wait times by postponing your trip until you have a larger load.
- Instead of self-hauling, consider signing up for garbage collection with Waste Connections 360-385-6612 https://www.murreysdisposal.com/jefferson-county
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others while unloading garbage, recycling, or yard waste.
- Be patient and stay in your vehicle while waiting at our scales.
- Pay with credit card (Visa/Mastercard) rather than cash, if possible.
- Stay home if you or members of your household are sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. For COVID-19 information visit Public Health’s COVID_19 page.
The Household Hazardous Waste/Moderate Risk Waste Facility is open on its normal schedule: Fridays & 1st Saturday each month, 10 AM – Noon and 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM. For large loads schedule an appointment by calling Jerry, Mon. – Thurs., at 360-379-6911 or 360-385-9160.
May 28 SWAC Meeting Cancelled
The Solid Waste Advisory Committee (SWAC) regular meeting scheduled for May 28, 2020 has been cancelled.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please call 360-385-9160 if you have any questions about this message.
Spring 2020 composting workshops – May 5 & 6 online via Zoom. $25 fee and pre-registration required.
2020 recycling flyer – Updated hours and locations.
New! Recycling videos – Get answers to common recycling questions and learn about contaminants.
- Blue is Recycling, Red is Garbage (by Commissioner Greg Brotherton and Tracy & David Grisman)
- Do you know what to recycle? (by Commissioner Greg Brotherton and Laura Tucker, Jefferson County Environmental Educator)