Jefferson County Solid Waste
HOUSEHOLD HAZARDOUS WASTE COLLECTION EVENT A SUCCESS. Thank you to 120 households who participated in April’s Port Ludlow event. The event diverted 3/4 ton of oil paints/stains/solvents; 650 lbs. of pesticides and toxics; 225 lbs. of aerosols; 150 lbs. of old fuels and more to divert 2,791 lbs. of pollution potential from our waste stream. 44% of this was recycled or used for energy recovery.
- DID YOU MISS THIS EVENT? Visit the year-round HHW Facility in the Port of Port Townsend, opened every Friday and first Saturday of each month, 10:00 – Noon & 12:30 – 4:30.
Don’t be a WISHCYCLER. It’s tempting to want to recycle ‘everything,’ but those good intentions cause contamination. Sort your recyclables according to the 2019 Recycle Brochure – and when in doubt, throw it out!
Secure your Load – it’s the law.
Recycle rechargeable, button, and Lithium batteries
2019 Holiday Closures:
- New Year’s Day 2019 – Tuesday, January 1
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – Monday, January 21
- Presidents Day – Monday, February 18
- Memorial Day – Monday May 27
- Independence Day – July 4
- Labor Day – Monday, September 2
- Veterans Day – Monday, November 11
- Thanksgiving – Thursday, November 28 and Friday, November 29*
- Christmas Eve – Tuesday, December 24**
- Christmas – Wednesday, December 25
- New Year’s Day 2020 – Wednesday, January 1
*The Household Hazardous Waste Facility is closed on Friday after Thanksgiving. The Solid Waste Disposal Facility (off Jacob Miller Rd) and Quilcene Drop Box Facility are open regular hours on the Friday after Thanksgiving.
**The Solid Waste Disposal Facility (off Jacob Miller Rd) and Quilcene Drop Box Facility will close at 2 p.m. on Tuesday, December 24, 2019
Opt out of telephone directory deliveries here.