SWAC Regular Meeting – Thurs., 1/28/2021 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM
An open public meeting. Anyone may attend the meeting via telephone: Call+1 (872) 240-3212 Access Code: 867-505-741.
Port Townsend Transfer Station and Quilcene Drop Box are open on their normal schedules. Please note the following:
- We are not accepting loads from outside of Jefferson County.
- Expect longer wait times at the Transfer Station
- Reduce wait times by postponing your trip until you have a larger load.
- Consider signing up for garbage collection with Waste Connections 360-385-6612 https://www.murreysdisposal.com/jefferson-county
- Masks are required for the safety of customers and staff.
- Stay at least 6 ft. away from others as you unload garbage, recycling, or yard waste.
- Be patient and stay in your vehicle while waiting at our scales.
- At the Transfer Station pay with credit card (Visa/Mastercard) rather than cash, if possible. Quilcene Dropbox only accepts cash or check.
- Stay home if you or members of your household are sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. For COVID-19 information visit Public Health’s COVID_19 page.
Household Hazardous Waste Facility is open on its normal schedule: Fridays & 1st Saturday each month, 10 AM – Noon and 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM. Masks are required as is social distancing. For large loads schedule an appointment by calling 360-379-6911 (Mon. – Thurs.) or 360-385-9160.
Safeway Styrofoam Collection Event – Sat., Feb. 13, 2021 – A small group of Port Townsend residents is working with Safeway to add its Port Townsend store to the Safeway Styrofoam recycling program. The local group, Port Townsend StyroCyclers, is asking residents to set aside clean and dry Styrofoam materials for delivery to the Safeway parking lot on February 13, 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Pieces may be broken down to conserve space. Consider collecting pieces in paper yard bags instead of plastic. No packaging peanuts will be collected; contact local mailing vendors to see if they are accepting peanuts when you have them. No water-logged Styrofoam will be accepted; dispose of it with landfill garbage. Please spread the word. For more information and to volunteer at Safeway on February 13, email the PTStyroCyclers.
2020 Recycle Flyer – Find out what can and can’t be recycled in Jefferson County. Check out the back of the flyer for drop-off locations and hours of operation, as well as information about why some things can’t be recycled.
Recycling videos – Get answers to common recycling questions and learn about contaminants.
- Blue is Recycling, Red is Garbage (by Commissioner Greg Brotherton and Tracy & David Grisman)
- Do you know what to recycle? (by Commissioner Greg Brotherton and Laura Tucker, Jefferson County Environmental Educator)