How to Report a Spill

Spills of oil or hazardous materials must be reported

National Response Center: 1-800-424-8802
Washington Emergency Management Division: 1-800-258-5990 or 1-800-OILS-911
Ecology Regional Office are listed below.map_state

Southwest Region Counties:
Clallam, Clark, Cowlitz, Grays Harbor, Jefferson, Mason, Lewis, Pacific, Pierce, Skamania, Thurston and Wahkiakum

Northwest Region Counties:
Island, King, Kitsap, San Juan, Skagit, Snohomish and Whatcom

Central Region Counties:

Benton, Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Klickitat, Okanogan, and Yakima

Eastern Region Counties:

Adams, Asotin, Columbia, Ferry, Franklin, Garfield, Grant, Lincoln, Pend Oreille, Spokane, Stevens, Walla Walla and Whitman

To the best of your ability, please be ready with the following information:

  • Where is the spill?
  • What spilled?
  • How much spilled?
  • How concentrated is the spilled
  • Who spilled the material?
  • Is anyone cleaning up the spill?
  • Are there resource damages (e.g. dead fish or oil soiled birds)?
  • Who is reporting the spill?
  • How can we get back to you?

Also depending on what is spilled the Fire Department, Sheriff’s Office and the Enviromental Health offices at the Health Department should be notified.

*NOTE: You may request that your personal information be kept confidential.

For more information locally, contact
Jefferson County Public Health
615 Sheridan Street, Port Townsend, WA 98368
See The Department of Ecology of Washington State