Recycle rechargeable, button and lithium batteries at the following locations. No charge to recycle:
- HHW Collection Facility – 282 10th St., Port of Port Townsend Boat Haven.
Fridays & 1st Saturdays of each month, 10 am – 4:30 pm , Closed Noon – 12:30 pm
- Public Works Office, 623 Sheridan St., Port Townsend, M-F, 8 am – 5 pm
- Environmental Health, 617 Sheridan St., Port Townsend, M-Th, 9 am – 4:30 pm
Recycle automotive and ‘wet cell’ lead-acid batteries at:
- HHW Collection Facility – No charge to recycle.
282 10th St., Port of Port Townsend Boat Haven. Fridays & 1st Saturday of each month, 10 am – 4:30 pm (closed Noon – 12:30 pm).
- Transfer Station – Disposal fees apply.
325 County Landfill Rd, Port Townsend, Mon. – Sat., 9 am – 4:30 pm.
- Quilcene Drop Box – Disposal fees apply.
295312 Highway 101, Quilcene, Tues./Thurs./Sat., 9 am – 4:30 pm (closed Noon – 12:30 pm.)
- Penny Saver, 2140 E Sims Way, Port Townsend (Automotive size only. Cash paid!)
Alkaline batteries are not recyclable.
- Place fully discharged alkaline batteries in the trash.
- If not fully discharged, cover terminal ends with tape or wrap each battery in plastic and then place in trash.