Transfer Station – Garbage, Recycling, and Yard Waste
- 325 County Landfill Rd, Port Townsend, WA 98368 Map
- Mon. – Sat., 9 am – 4:30 pm, (closed County holidays.)
- Disposal fees by weight. Minimum charge: $10 for garbage, $5 for yard waste.
- Cash, check, or credit/debit card (Visa, Mastercard, and Discover only) accepted.
- No-fee Recycling.
- Questions? call 360-385-9160.
Quilcene Solid Waste Drop Box – Household Garbage and Recycling. NO yard waste or construction materials (lumber, roofing, etc.)
- 295312 Highway 101, Quilcene, WA 98376 Map
- Tues./Thurs./Sat., 9 am – 12 pm & 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm, (closed County holidays.)
- Disposal fees by container, loose volume, or special rate for bulky items.
- Only cash or check accepted. NO CREDIT/DEBIT cards.
- No-fee Recycling.
- Questions? call 360-385-9160. Quilcene Drop Box Office: 360-765-3051
Household Hazardous Waste Facility – HHW / MRW
- Building 19, Port of Port Townsend Boat Haven Map
- Fridays and 1st Saturday each month, 10 am – 12 pm & 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm,
(closed County holidays.)
- Free to Jefferson County residents. For businesses and out-of-county residents, disposal fees apply – see current MRW fee schedule.
- Questions? call 360-385-9160. HHW Office Phone: 360-379-6911
Compost Facility – Purchase Compost (when available)
- Operated by City of Port Townsend at the Transfer Station
- 325 County Landfill Road, Port Townsend, WA 98368 Map
- Mon./Wed./Fri., 12 pm – 3 pm, when available (closed County holidays.)
- Compost availability: 360-385-7908
What is Accepted For Garbage Disposal?
All residential and commercial solid waste, including refrigerators and other appliances, are acceptable for disposal, EXCEPT for the following:
- Hazardous Waste – Household – Brochure
- Hazardous Waste from Businesses
- Asbestos and asbestos containing waste (3-tab roofing is accepted)
- Free liquids – must be solidified and non-hazardous
Waste Requiring Special Treatment
- Used medical needles from residences must be in a puncture resistant container, marked as “Bio-Hazard Infectious Waste” and should be kept separate from other trash. See Medical Waste (“Sharps”). Medical and veterinary hospitals and clinics should contract with a commercial disposal company
- Lumber and poles must be less than 10 ft long. Lumber treated with creosote or other wood preservative is accepted unless it is brought in by a business that is a manufacturer or supplier of creosote.
- Used Oil and Spent Antifreeze can be recycled at several locations including the Transfer Station, Quilcene Drop Box Site, and Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Please refer to page 2 of the HHW Facility brochure.