Transfer Station – Garbage, Recycling, Yard Waste
- 325 County Landfill Rd, Port Townsend, WA 98368 Map
- Monday – Saturday, 9 am – 4:30 pm, except holidays*
- Disposal fees by weight. Minimum charge: $10 for garbage, $5 for yard waste.
- Recycling is free.
- Questions? call 360-385-9160.
Quilcene Solid Waste Drop Box – Garbage and Recycling
- 295312 Highway 101, Quilcene, WA 98376 Map
- Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, 9 am – 12 pm & 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm, except holidays*
- Disposal fees charged by container, loose volume, or special rate for bulky items.
- Questions? call 360-385-9160. Quilcene Drop Box Office: 360-765-3051
Household Hazardous Waste Facility
- Building 19, Port of Port Townsend Boat Haven Map
- Fridays and 1st Saturday each month, 10 am – 12 pm & 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm,
- Free to Jefferson County residents. For businesses and out-of-county residents, disposal fees apply – see current MRW fee schedule.
- Questions? call 360-385-9160. HHW Office Phone: 360-379-6911
Compost Facility – Purchase Compost
- City of Port Townsend Compost Facility at the Transfer Station
- 325 County Landfill Road, Port Townsend, WA 98368 Map
- Monday, Wednesday, Friday, 12 pm – 3 pm, when available. Closed county holidays*.
- Compost availability: 360-385-7908
What is Accepted For Garbage Disposal?
All residential and commercial solid waste, including refrigerators and other appliances, are acceptable for disposal, EXCEPT for the following:
- Hazardous Waste – Household – Brochure
- Hazardous Waste from Businesses
- Asbestos and asbestos containing waste (3-tab roofing is accepted)
- Free liquids – must be solidified and non-hazardous
Waste Requiring Special Treatment
- Used medical needles from residences must be in a puncture resistant container, marked as “Bio-Hazard Infectious Waste” and should be kept separate from other trash. See Medical Waste (“Sharps”). Medical and veterinary hospitals and clinics should contract with a commercial disposal company
- Lumber and poles must be less than 10 ft long. Lumber treated with creosote or other wood preservative is accepted unless it is brought in by a business that is a manufacturer or supplier of creosote.
- Used Oil and Spent Antifreeze can be recycled at several locations including the Transfer Station, Quilcene Drop Box Site, and Household Hazardous Waste Facility. Please refer to page 2 of the HHW Facility brochure.