How can I get curbside garbage pickup and disposal?

What can I recycle?

Where are waste disposal sites located and when are they open?

What is accepted for garbage disposal at the Transfer Station and Quilcene Drop box?

What do I do with unwanted latex paint?

How do I report illegal dumping?

What are the Hazardous Waste Facility fees? There is no charge for Jefferson County residents to dispose of household hazardous waste. Businesses that qualify as Conditionally Exempted Small Quantity Generators are charged a fee determined by a fee schedule.

Where and how do I report a hazardous waste spill?
For emergency situations, call the Jefferson County Sheriff’s Office at 360-385-3831 or 1-800-552-0750, and follow the directions. You may also call 911 to report an emergency. For general information about hazardous materials, contact Jefferson County Emergency Management Division at http://www.co.jefferson.wa.us/jcdem/default.asp

What do I do with batteries and contaminated gas?
The Moderate Risk Waste Facility in the Port of Port Townsend Boat Haven accepts auto and marine batteries, and rechargeable Ni Cad and NiMH dry cell batteries. Old or contaminated gasoline is also accepted. Please call 360-385-9160 to schedule disposal of  15 gallons or more of old or contaminated fuel.

What do I do with fluorescent light bulbs and tubes?
Fluorescent light tubes, compact fluorescent bulbs, tanning lamps and some HID (high-intensity discharge) lamps contain mercury vapor and cannot be legally disposed of with regular trash.  Up to 10 mercury containing lights per person or business per day are accepted at:

Businesses (Conditionally Exempted Small Quantity Generators) disposing of intact mercury-containing lights can make an appointment to dispose of the lamps for a fee.  Please phone 360-385-9160.

Who do I call for information?

%d bloggers like this: