Normal operating schedules and holiday closures are listed below. Notices of temporary closures or temporary schedule changes will be posted on the home page for this site jeffersoncountysolidwaste.com.
Transfer Station – Garbage, Recycling, Yard Waste
- 325 County Landfill Rd, Port Townsend, WA 98368 Map
- Mon. – Sat., 9 am – 4:30 pm, (closed holidays – see list below)
- Disposal fees by weight. Minimum charge: $10 for garbage, $5 for yard waste.
- Cash, check, or credit/debit card (Visa & Mastercard only) accepted.
- No-fee Recycling.
- Questions? call 360-385-9160
- Please be aware that you must be able to unload by yourself, and be able to back up your vehicle/trailer to the tipping floor if you have garbage.
Quilcene Solid Waste Drop Box – Household Garbage and Recycling. NO yard waste or construction materials (lumber, roofing, etc.)
- 295312 Highway 101, Quilcene, WA 98376 Map
- Tues./Thurs./Sat., 9 am – 12 pm & 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm, (closed holidays – see list below)
- Disposal fees by container, loose volume, or special rate for bulky items.
- Only cash or check accepted. NO CREDIT/DEBIT cards.
- No-fee Recycling.
- Questions? call 360-385-9160. Quilcene Drop Box Office: 360-765-3051
- Please be aware that you must be able to unload by yourself.
Household Hazardous Waste Facility
- 282 10th Street, Building 19, Port of Port Townsend Boat Haven Map
- Fridays & 1st Saturday each month, 10 am – 12 pm & 12:30 – 4:30 pm (closed holidays – see list below)
- Free to Jefferson County residents. For businesses and out-of-county residents, disposal fees apply – see current MRW fee schedule.
- Questions? call 360-385-9160. HHW Office: 360-379-6911
Compost Facility – Purchase Compost
- Operated by City of Port Townsend at the Transfer Station
- 325 County Landfill Road, Port Townsend, WA 98368 Map
- Mon./Wed./Fri., 12 pm – 3 pm when available (closed holidays – see list below)
- Compost availability: 360-385-7908
2022 County Holidays
- New Year’s Day – January 1
- Martin Luther King Jr. Day – 3rd Monday in January
- President’s Day – 3rd Monday in February
- Memorial Day – Monday, May 30
- Independence Day – Monday, July 4
- Labor Day – Monday, September 5
- Veteran’s Day – Friday, November 11
- Thanksgiving Day – November 24
- Christmas Day – Monday, December 26