Port Townsend Transfer Station and Quilcene Drop Box are open on their normal schedules. Please note the following:
- We are not accepting loads from outside of Jefferson County.
- Expect longer wait times as we distance people further apart on the tipping floor.
- Reduce trips and wait times by postponing your trip until you have a larger load.
- Instead of self-hauling, consider signing up for garbage collection with Waste Connections 360-385-6612 https://www.murreysdisposal.com/jefferson-county
- Stay at least 6 feet away from others while unloading garbage, recycling, or yard waste.
- Be patient and stay in your vehicle while waiting at our scales.
- At the Transfer Station pay with credit card (Visa/Mastercard) rather than cash, if possible. Quilcene Dropbox only accepts cash or check.
- Stay home if you or members of your household are sick or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19. For COVID-19 information visit Public Health’s COVID_19 page.
The Household Hazardous Waste/Moderate Risk Waste Facility is open on its normal schedule: Fridays & 1st Saturday each month, 10 AM – Noon and 12:30 PM – 4:30 PM. For large loads schedule an appointment by calling Jerry, Mon. – Thurs., at 360-379-6911 or 360-385-9160.
Thank you for your patience and understanding. Please call 360-385-9160 if you have any questions about this message.
2020 Recycle Flyer – Find out what can and can’t be recycled in Jefferson County. Check out the back of the flyer for drop-off locations and hours of operation, as well as information about why some things can’t be recycled.
New! Recycling videos – Get answers to common recycling questions and learn about contaminants.
- Blue is Recycling, Red is Garbage (by Commissioner Greg Brotherton and Tracy & David Grisman)
- Do you know what to recycle? (by Commissioner Greg Brotherton and Laura Tucker, Jefferson County Environmental Educator)